Thursday, September 14, 2006

let it begin

It is official, the school year has begun and Derek is now into his 3rd year at Regent College. Crazy! The beginning of the school year always leaves me feeling quite anxious about how it is all going to pan out this year. Especially coming off a summer high, it is always difficult to begin a new semester and know that fall is here, the rain is coming, and another "husband-less" 9 months awaits (okay so that might be a bit of an exageration, but still). The school year has begun for me as well, since I work at a University now, and my days are a lot busier and crazier and a wee bit more stressful than my peaceful summer days. I am not complaning though because I do like the busy days, it is a bit more exciting to have stacks of things to do rather than nothing. It is about 2 weeks in now and I could use a vacation already. I am feeling the bug that Jess felt and am needing a good trip down to Bellingham for a Target run. Maybe since I won't be having a vacation anytime in the near future, a Saturday spent in Washington will have to do the trick. Hopefully that will happen soon. This school year holds some new exciting things including Derek and I joining a home group through our church and me in a similar but different "girls group". And let's not forget about Survivor nights with the Simpson's!! It's going to be a crazy busy year and it's hardly even begun.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Everything seems to get busier and busier for everyone! I know I'm gonna be pretty darn busy myself in a few months ;-) but you know I never got into Survivor but you can bet that I'll still be watching Lost every Wednesday night!!