Monday, September 04, 2006

friends, ducks & sunshine

Our friends, Ben & Deanna Edsall, just moved here from Salem, Oregon where Ben will attend Regent. We were friends with them when we all lived in Eugene and theirs was one of the many weddings we attended last summer in Oregon. Now they have decided to move up to Canada where Ben will pursue his education. We are so excited that they are here.

To celebrate, the Oregon Ducks football team decided to play a game againts Stanford and wipe the floors with them. Oh what a game! Derek and I are HUGE college football fans (especially the Ducks!) so we decided to have a party on Saturday afternoon with all our Vancouver friends. It was a blast, especially since 5 of us in the room actually attended U of O. But all the "non-oregonians" were great sports and cheered on the Ducks nontheless.

(All the original Duck Fans!!!)

Yesterday, Sunday, after Church we got together with our friends, Jeff & Jess, and went to the park to play! We threw the frisbee, the boys did flips off the swings and we even hit the tennis ball around. Which I will admit was one of my first times in my life really doing that. Good times. From there we decided to pack back on the calories we just burned by going to Dairy Queen and getting Blizzards...mmmmm. I also got 2 new plants for our house and I pray pray pray that I do not kill them like all the rest :( The poor plants.

Today is Labour Day which means it is a holiday which means no work! I have NO plans and I could not be happier. It's 11am and I am still in my PJ's, it's perfection. But don't worry I do intend to get my booty out in this wonderful sunshine we are experiencing here in Vancouver. Got to enjoy it while it lasts around here. Hope everyone has a wonderful day off as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Blizzards...Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!

Amber said...

Love that picture! You guys all look so cute! Sounds like you had a busy weekend as well!