Thursday, June 08, 2006

Yay for friends!

I cannot wait for tomorrow! I am so excited and stoked because 2 of my very good friends are coming up to visit me from Oregon. Jess, my best friend, my maid of honour, my soul mate and my friend for life. We have been best friends since Freshman year in High school (that's grade nine to all you Canadians). My friend Kalee is coming with Jess to visit ME as well. When Jess went off to college at Oregon State (boo!) she had a wonderful roommate, Kalee. Kalee and Jess became really good friends and since I pretty much went to visit every other day, Kalee and I also became close friends. Eventhough she was only Jess's roomie, we all caled her roomie, room for short, and that will probably always be her nickname now. So tomorrow after I get off work Jess and room are coming to visit for the whole weekend. And what's better is that Derek decided to take off and go to Rivendale (on Bowen Island) for the weekend to have a little retreat. Not that it's great to have him gone but in this case, it means that me and the girls get the house to ourselves and pretty much get to have a big weekend O fun!!

Yay for friends :)

This is Jess and I about 3 years ago...a couple days before my wedding I think :)

4 comments:

Derek Brown said...

Actually, it's "Rivendell." You know...where the elves (not elfs) live. Maybe Gandalf and Bilbo will be there this weekend.

Amber said...

Hey there Katie... Found your blog and I used to go to church with you at First Baptist in Bend! Wow, crazy that was a long time ago yeah anyways just wanted to say hi and it sounds like you're doing awesome which is good, talk to you later!

Amber said...

I was best buddies with Heidi M. so I rode to church with her everyday. And then I was friends with Lindsay M. and we went to the youth groups together. Wilson was my maiden name, ringing any bells??

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.