Wednesday, October 19, 2005

working at a coffee shop

As you know, I work in a coffee shop. For the most part it is good and fun and busy and whatnot. But in working in a coffee shop (as in any customer service job) you get customers who think they are better than you and they aren't afraid to treat you that way. I guess thet think that they are better than me because I work at a coffee shop and they don't. Whatever. I don't really get it and I think it's quite ridiculous. Sometimes I try and be overly nice to these people and other times I try and to be not so nice to them....either way, it's fun. Sometimes I am only nice in hopes that they willl leave me a big tip, but then I get mad when (yes I said when) they don't...ever! Oh the joys of customer service. Audrey and I came to the conclusion today that people are just straight up annoying (sorry). I urge you to please be nice to people in coffee shops, they have to stand on their feet all day long and for all you know the customer they had before you may have treated them like crap and that is the only reason they seem pissy. Maybe you can be the one to brighten their day! I also very highly encourage tip giving. Even if it's just a dime or a quarter, or whatever you can spare. I know it doesn't seem like they did much and they really don't "deserve" a tip, but they work hard and all the more reason to drop a few pennies in the tip jar!

No comments: