Thursday, January 18, 2007

a child is born...

Sunday afternoon I received a phone call from my friend Jeff. I excitedly answered the phone and said "is it time!?", Jeff replied in a sober voice "it's time". Jeff's wife, Jess, was officially in labor at long last. I gathered information from Jeff and phoned all of our friends to give them the update. That was about 2:30 in the afternoon. I sat and waited by the phone for more news until I couldn't stand it any longer, I had to know! I picked up the phone and called Jeff & Jess's home at 7:00pm. Jess's mom answered and told me that they were heading to the hospital. Learning that they did not have enough car space for all of them to get there I rushed over (along with my friend Grace) to pick up Jess's mom and we met them all at the hospital. Not too long after, all of our friends began arriving one by one. Pretty soon there was about 9 or 10 of us in the waiting room supporting our dear friend and waiting for the news. Enjoy the pictures below...they tell a better story than I can.

This Jess about a week before she "popped"

Passing the time in the waiting room


Here we all are along with Jess's mom and dad

Shelley, Grace & Katie C. -- getting sleepy

At about 12:45am we received the news --- "It's a boy!"

Hugs all around
Charlie Auden...the newest addition to our group of friends.
We love him already.
Sadly because it was so late and we all had to work the next day (well later that morning technically), we did not actually get to see Charlie the night he was born (although I was willing to wait). But tonight Derek and I have the honor of blessing our good friends with a meal and meeting this precious baby boy. More pictures to come I am sure. Congratulations to the new mom and dad!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh man such cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a good time in the waiting room! What a little cutie! Ahhhh does this mean it's my turn next!?!? ;-) i'm really not ready!