Monday, April 03, 2006

Friends from home

The past two weekends in a row we had friends from Oregon come and visit us. First, Adam and Katy. Then Dan and Amanda. Adam and Dan are both great friends of Derek's and through that I have also become great friends with them as well as their beautiful new wives. We had so much fun with both couples. A few of the things we did: JJ Bean, Stanley Park, Lou's, Incendio, watched "The Corporation" and had some great conversations. Dan and Amanda inspired and encouiraged Derek and I to live more organically and naturally. So we are going to give it a try. We bought a book called "Worms eat my garbage" and we are going to start a worm bin very soon. I am very excited. We are also going to try and buy a lot more organic food and such. It is all a bit overwhelming but I can't wait to get serious about it. Where to start...?





Derek with Adam and Katy at Stanley Park















Katy and I doing a shot at Lou's














Dan and Derek at Stanley Park











Us with Dan and Amanda at an Organic restaurant called Aphrodite's








Yay for friends....I miss home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it pretty expensive to be all organicky? Who knows but I do know I want a worm bin because I love worms!
-Shannon

Lara said...

Aphrodite's is where Dane and Jane had their rehersal brunch, it rocks! Tell me more of this worm bin....

Lara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.