Monday, April 18, 2005

To be or not to be...?

I was recently offered a promotion at work. They have asked me to be the manager of The Well (the coffee shop I work at). This is very exciting and kind of what I have been waiting for since I started working there. Though this job was offered a couple of weeks ago, I have not officially accepted the job yet. Allow me to explain why. This job would be awesome in so many ways, let me list the pros:
-It is at Regent, so I would be involved in the student life and get to see Derek
-Everyday you meet some great people
-It is super fun and every day is different
-I love coffee!
-Derek gets free coffee too!
-I would get to be in charge and involved in decision-making processes
-Derek and I have all the same Holidays
-I get 10 paid vacation days
-It’s laid back and easy (could be a Con too)
There is ONE thing that is not so good. The money. It is a small company so I understand that they can't afford to pay me much, but the amount that I am being offered would be hard to live on especially since we are a one-income family. Derek goes to school and I work. So whatever I make, is all we make. And not only that, but Vancouver is not a cheap place to live by any means. So all in all, it is a tough decision. I really want this job and know that I would do it well and it is just amazing to have the privilege to work at Derek’s school. If anything, that is what makes it all worth while. So a decision is to be made soon and I will keep you updated on the choice I make. Prayer and any thoughts would be wonderful and greatly appriciated.

No comments: