Monday, August 28, 2006

Oh what a weekend!

Friday morning I woke up at 5am to get ready and get to the airport for my flight that left at 7:30am. By 9:00am I was on Oregon ground in Portland having breakfast with my sister, Mandy. We had a wonderful time chatting and catching up and eating yummy food! Around 1:00pm my best friend, Jess, picked me up and we drove 3 hours East(ish) to Bend, talking the entire drive. Friday night we had a "congrats on your new job" dinner for Jess with her family, we went to a restaurant called Ariana, it was amazing. Later that night around 10:30pm (after a rockin game of Settlers with Jess's fam) we went out to Bend Brewing Co with my great friends Dave and Majell Beach and had a beer. It was great to see them as always. Saturday morning I went again to see Dave and Majell at their home and we had a wonderful cup of Stumptown coffee, oh how I miss such wonderful coffee. I met up with my mom a little later and she took me and my liitle 12 year old sisters to breakfast then shopping! We went to Target and I stocked up on all the goods, then we went to Macy's and my mom bought me a wonderfully cute Franco Sarto purse and I am IN LOVE with it. Oh how I love being a girl! After the shop-fest I met back up with Jess and we got ready for Kari's wedding (the main reason I went to Oregon). Kari and Aaron's wedding was perfect. It was set at Broken Top in the Club house, very beautiful. The ceremony was great, the food was amazing and we danced the night away like you should at any wedding. Overall, we had a great time. Jess and I were exhausted and after the wedding went straight home and slept. We woke up early Sunday morning and Jess was wonderful enough to drive me all the way from Bend to Seattle where Derek was waiting to pick me up and take me home! Oh what a weekend!

To see a few pics of Kari's wedding check out my photo blog.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Busy busy!! I've never heard of the Ariana restaurant which is pathetic considering I was born and raised in this town!! We will definantly have to catch up one of these times you come down! And how was the beer at the Bend Brewing Co??