Thursday, August 11, 2005

Working at The Well

Working at The Well Cafe is an interesting thing. It has it's ups and downs...that's for sure. Mainly, I would say it is the people. The customers, that is. They really make or break a day for you. And honestly, all it takes is one person to be rude for no apparant reason and you're done for. You might as well go home and start the day over cause the day officially SUCKS! I don't understand those people who are rude for no reason. I imagine they must have had some experiences in life that have made them bitter and they deicde to take it out on the world. Somtimes...it hurts...and really makes me mad. I wish I could depict the stories exactly as I experience them, but writing them would not do them justice. You'll just have to trust me...I see some amazingly crazy people pass my way each and every day. I swear the Lord is testing me in EVERY way.
Honestly though, if it weren't for my great staff (of 3) there would be no reason to get up in the morning. I can't even call them "my staff" cause they are my friends and my source of entertainment that keep me from going insane each day. There's Audrey, Dane, and our new addition Jeff. Jeff hasn't started yet since his wife (ex-manger of the well) had a baby yesterday-yay! But I know he'll add to the team quite nicely. Audrey is my right hand, I am not joking. When we work together, not only does the time fly cause we are having so much fun but we are like a machine and communicate without even talking. She's also crazy and I love her. She is probably one of the funniest most sarcastic people I know and she has a story for everything. It's greatly amusing. Then theres Dane...silly Dane. He's freaking hilarious and I think his goal in life is to make people laugh. We have loved having him around and all I have to say...is our store is better than that other store over there on Dunbar. We ROCK!!! Yay for great people to work with.

No comments: