Thursday, March 29, 2007

happy birthday

Yesterday was Derek's 26th birthday. I have posted about this before, but I just LOVE birthdays. I love to celebrate, I love to make people feel special and I love to feel special on my day. My husband, on the other hand, would rather fly under the radar and not get a bunch of recognition on his birthday (at least that's what he says, but I think he secretly loves it as we all do!). He told me repeatedly this year not to do anything and refused to let me make a big deal out of his birthday. This is not an easy feat for me as I want to spoil him rotten, but alas I adhered to his request. Since we have been together I have gone all out for Derek's birthdays (hot air balloon ride, surprise trip to the Oregon coast, best friends driving all the way to Vancouver from Oregon...) and this is the first year I laid low a little bit. Although I will add that I got him a stinkin awesome birthday gift that was a complete surprise to him and can be seen here, the coffee snobs will appreciate it (and know what it is). Thanks to Dave B for helping me find the right one! Derek did give in a little bit however and we are headed out to a pub this weekend with our close friends for a mini celebration and yummy beer :)

Happy 26th Birthday this week to Jeff, Deanna and Derek! Thanks for being born friends.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday Derek!! I hope you guys enjoy your mini celebration at the pub this weekend!