Tuesday, March 13, 2007

changes

Thing are changing, I can feel it in the air, I can feel it everywhere I go. We've been quite comfortable in Vancouver for the past 2 1/2 years but things must always come to an end and things must always change. Which isn't bad, just different. The first of our "group" of friends is moving away at the end of April, this is a tough reality but a good thing for them. They will leave Vancouver, after almost 3 years, with a Masters degree, a baby, and a great new job. Crazy how things change so much. A couple of my friends are pregnant, which is weird, because when we all moved here we were just newly weds and kids seemed so far away for each of our couple friends. Things change, people grow, time passes. Derek will finish his degree at the end of April. The cherry on the sundae that we have been building over the past years. What an accomplishment, what success! The next big adventure is calling our name. It's looking like we will take on and conquer yet another country, it's a dream really. Although surreal. Can't believe how much has changed.

2 comments:

lucashannon said...

All the changes are crazy and a lot is happening but also know that our friendship will change but will hopefully never fade away. :) I'm here for you now and I'll always be praying for you even when you're far away.

Amber said...

I fear change which is probably why I've lived here all my life ;-) I admire you when I hear all the places you have lived and that you are so willing to move anywhere even a different country! I'm sure it's going to be incredibly hard for you guys to leave the great friends that you have made there in Canada though!