Thursday, November 09, 2006

Last night Derek and I went to the Real Canadian Superstore to go grocery shopping. It was, surprisingly, an okay trip as the store was pretty empty and the check-out lines were short. As we were unloading our cart at the check-out stand I noticed something on the floor that was purple. As I got closer I realized it was a folded up $10 bill (canadian-hence the purple). I awkwardly picked it up, not knowing what to do, held it up to the cashier and said "uh, someone dropped this", his response was "well, you can keep it!". You would think my reaction to this would be "Alright!! Ten bucks! How shall I spend it?!?!" but for some reason I felt strangely guilty, like I had just taken candy away from a kid. I looked around at everyone to see if I could notice anyone with a "I lost ten dollars" look on their face and slowly slipped the bill into my pocket. It is now in my wallet where it will be safe and sound from my husbands recent out-of-control spending habits ;)

2 comments:

Paul & Wanda Moores said...

2 mochas

5 medium cups of medium roast

1 panini and a small medium roast

1 bag of medium beans (with your employee discount)

1 day pass on the skytrain



The possibilities are ENDLESS.

Amber said...

Do you still have your ten dollars!? Yeah I think you should buy yourself a nice mocha and call it good!