Sunday, June 08, 2008

The sun is out!

If you know me, you know that I love the sun and everything that has to do with it. I love the warmth, the chance of getting a tan and the opportunity to wear tank tops, shorts and/or flip flops. A day that I can wear flip flops is a very good day.

This weekend, we actually had 2 of those days. Yesterday we were out all day with some good friends. We went where the sun took us, from the Saturday market to the park to a pub with outdoor seating and eventually back to Dave & Sarah's for a BBQ in their yard. I wore a tank top and flip flops...it was a good day.

Today was not quite as eventful but the sun was certainly shining. I took myself on a long walk along the water of Leith walkway. Just me, my iPod and the sun shining down on me. I wore shorts and flip flops...it was a good day.

I have come to learn that we can't expect a proper summer in Scotland, so these days are like gold. I only hope that they continue and we can continue to soak up the sun!

No comments: