Monday, April 09, 2007

dirty laundry

We all have our own little routine when it comes to doing laundry.And more specifically loading the washing machine. When I enter the laundry room, I select my cycle and water temp and immediately start filling the empty wash tub. From there I sort my clothes, put them in the washer and then put the soap in an close the lid. However, if you look at the instructions of my washing machine it tells you to 1. add the soap 2. put the clothes in 3. start the water. And still there are even more ways of doing laundry than this. But I ask...Is one way better than the other? Does one routine actually get the clothes cleaner? Should you soak the clothes in the water before actually beginning the cycle? Does it really matter at all?

What do you do? What do you think??

And I don't even know about the front loading machines...that's another story I guess.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Does it really say put the soap in first!? I would never think to do that! I always put all the clothes in, then dump the soap on top of the clothes and then start the water. Never thought about the right way or the wrong way to do it! Hey and since when did I get the boot on your links list, huh?

Anonymous said...

well, our front loader isn't the best one on the market i'm sure- as we had a mountain of suds on the floor late thursday night that took 2 extra cycles to get rid of..... but i know we have to close the door and then add the soap, or it spills out and gets all over. i think i'm a sort in the bedroom, add clothes, close door, add soap, select appropriate temp, then cycle and start kind of girl. but i betcha the order of the routine doesn't matter at all. unless of course you run the whole cycle, and then put your clothes in at the end ;)